• Provides senior administrative assistance to Head of R&D Program Management and members of the R&D PM team as required
• Prepares, coordinates and drives Senior leadership meeting logistics (invites, rooms, catering, calendar, etc) interaction with Sr leaders in different geographies and meeting coordination.
• Ensures that all appointments are timely and accurately scheduled, maintains Head R&D PM Outlook calendar accurately, manages decision making on scheduling of appointments, manages and coordinates meetings utilizing meeting planning skills (including confirming attendees in advance.)
• Provides travel, schedule and meeting coordination for Head R&D PM
• Anticipates and resolves administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and international travel reservations, all taken care of with ease, autonomy, and proper follow through with the head of R&D PM and stakeholders
• Performs complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information
• Prepares routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations. Interacts with company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
• Provides general office support
• Coordinates administrative activities with other assistants in R&D Program Management
• Ensures appropriate levels of office supplies
• Submits monthly expense reports, manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
Meeting logistics and coordination
Travel arrangements and Expense reporting
Correspondence, memoranda, presentations
Manage supply inventory and order supplies
Education & Experience Requirements:
• A minimum of 7 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required; Previous experience working within a fast paced and changing environment is strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree desirable
• Proficiency with MS Office essential
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.