Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Electrical Design Engineer who works on complex facility issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts. Provides a full range of electrical engineering and design services associated with the following.
- Quality assurance reviews of construction documents, consultant liaison, and project management related to remodeling, renovation, and new construction projects.
- Development and maintenance support of design guidelines that effectively balances initial and life cycle costs.
- Electrical design of operations related electrical engineering initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of National Electrical Code, International Building Code, and related Energy Codes.
- Experience with energy conservation measures (ECMs) related to sustainability project designs and the measurement and verification process to validate electrical savings of ECMs.
- Development and implementation of energy conservation measures.
- Operation and maintenance (O&M) technical support.
- Coordination of commissioning initiatives primarily involving electrical support of facility re-commissioning/retro-commissioning and renovation/new build-outs.
- Development, implementation, and ongoing updates of a preventative and predictive maintenance program in coordination with the O&M staff.
- Development and oversight of an electrical related asset replacement/renewal program for commercial office buildings and data centers.
- Support in ongoing development and implementation of Departmental process improvements.
- Development assistance of the facility management budget for renovations and build-outs, electrical related renewal/replacement infrastructure, and operation & maintenance projects.
- Assists with the development, support, and/or maintenance oversight of record/as-built drawings and the following databases: computer aided facility management (CAFM), computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), and Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS).
- Involved in development of design, reliability, and redundancy strategies and re-commissioning of data centers and labs in coordination with the Information Technology Department, Lab Management, and Corporate Real Estate & Facilities personnel.Required Skills:
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Required: With a bachelor's degree, typically 8+ years of electrical engineering combined design and field experience in a commercial building environment with an emphasis on power, lighting, and data/premise distribution system designs of office buildings, data centers, and building mechanical infrastructure systems. Knowledge of fire detection design principles a plus. Electrical design experience to include development of construction documents including plans and technical specifications. Project management experience including client, general contractor, and consultant coordination. A thorough knowledge of the latest editions of Autodesk AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office. Experience above can be reduced to 6+ years with a Master's degree or 3+ years with a PhD. Degree(s) to be as required under "Education" below.
Preferred: Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices involved in the electrical design, remodeling, energy conservation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of facilities, data centers, labs, and their systems. A working knowledge of the latest edition of Microsoft Project.
Required: A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
Preferred: Masters degree in Engineering or Management.
Required: Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas.
Preferred: LEED Certified. "LIPriority"
Job Family: Facilities
Job ID: R19743