Consultant, Project/Prog Mgmt
Location: Austin, Texas
Posted: October 20, 2017
Reference ID: R14991
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Manages projects, or specific activities related to projects within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project Allocates work among team members and provides guidance on a regular basis
Conducts periodic reviews to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews
Ensures all project documentation is kept up to date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis Utilizes relevant project management tools, systems, and applications
Defines supporting and/or driving process improvements
Responsible for large sized or complex projects and significant components of multiple projects
Impact is on multiple functions or processes and could have global impact.
Makes decisions on resource procurement and allocation
May have large budget responsibility
Identifies and allocates resources as
necessary to ensure deliverables are met
Evaluates and implements best practices techniques that ensure goal achievement
Influences and manages continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
Maintains in-depth awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet program delivery requirements
Qualification / Requirement
• Distinctive problem solving and analytical thinking
• Design thinking and consultative experience
• Ability to quickly and completely understand strategic questions, gather relevant information, perform necessary analyses and develop an insightful opinion
• Strong influencing skills and ability to build lasting relationships across multiple layers in the organization
• Strong leadership skills with an ownership mindset
• Able to gain respect of cross functional organization
• Comfort working in a team and being constructively challenged by your colleagues
• Strong persuasive and executive presentation skills geared toward influencing and shaping an organization
• Advanced story boarding, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• MBA or similar Master's degree
For more than 30 years, Dell has empowered countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they're at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Dell's mission is to be the most successful computer company in the world at delivering the best customer experience in markets we serve.
Job Family: Business Support
Job ID: R14991