Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
We are transforming the world of datacenter operations for our customers.
CPSD are looking for a highly motivated Product Manager who will lead the scoping and definition of our customer experience for automated datacenter operations. This is a collaborative role that requires being able to work closely with customers and many cross-functional teams including engineering, user experience, sales and services. This role demands an ability to intelligently discover existing market problems and to demonstrate empathy, humility and strong communication skills. The position requires a user-centric approach to product vision and an understanding of Lean Startup principles to lead the implementation of that vision. Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with customers and prospects on understanding their day-to-day challenges in the management of datacenter operations
- Aggregate and filter market problems to develop a vision for an actionable product direction
- Identify positive business outcomes for our customers
- Balance the need to be assertive at times whilst also being an excellent listener and coach
- Articulate product direction in actionable backlog by writing features and user stories
- Communicate and facilitate discussions with technical staff as well as executive leaders
- Coach other Product Managers on customer interview techniques and user-centered design
- Work with multiple engineering teams to build a solution that achieves the product vision
- Collaborate with UX experts to design seamless customer experiences
- Promote the advantages of the Lean Startup methodologies
- Lead the creation of roadmaps, sales enablement materials and go-to-market plans
Experience and Skills
- Thrives in an environment with regular customer interactions
- Measures success by improvements in customer satisfaction
- Is familiar with The Pivotal Way and Lean Startup methodologies
- Balances being able to "listen & learn" as well as "talk & tell"
- Is comfortable with being uncomfortable in an ambiguous environment
- Can lead from the front whilst also being passionate about continuous learning
- Is passionate about software development and in particular Open Source software
- Product Management experience for software products
- Experience in a customer-facing or consulting role
- Computer science degree preferred
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong emotional intelligence and empathy for users
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Aptitude for coaching others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and customers
- Experience with agile tools
- Previous success working with agile development teams
- Background in design or software development a plus
- Has worked in a lean startup product environment
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R17967
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.