Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
This highly visible product manager's role is to lead execution of product definition and lifecycle for VxRack Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), our data center scale VMware software defined data center offering. The successful candidate will excel at working cross functionally with subject matter experts including the architecture team, global services, program management and engineering to prioritize product and business requirements for the product and lead the lifecycle process through the concept and definition phases and partner cross functionally through the planning, execution and launch phases. As a lead for a VxRack release you will work to understand feature/effort tradeoffs and identify constraints and opportunities. In addition, you will work closely with our VMware team to ensure that our product lifecycle process and product delivery remain in lockstep to deliver maximum differentiation and customer benefit.
- Release lead for VxRack SDDC
- Leader of the concept and definition phase of our product lifecycle management process
- Work cross functionally as the responsible decision maker on business/product impacting issues through the plan/build/launch phases
- Point person for end of life and generational transition plans
- Internal spokesman for product strategy and plans to multiple cross functional bodies
- Interlock with VMware in product definition and development
- BA/BS with 5+ years related experience OR MS with 3+ years OR equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding product lifecycle management
- Deep understanding of server and storage technology and software defined storage
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
- Meticulous about managing the details of every project and the impact of each detail on project success.
- Ability to identify task dependencies and coordinate multiple related projects.
- Ability to work and thrive in a highly cross functional organization
- Great problem-solving skills. Recognize problems and obstacles quickly. Frame up issues to seek solutions and know when to escalate. Triangulate feedback from cross-functional teams.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R15947