Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location : United States : Connecticut : Bloomfield || United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater (Optional: if no Alternate Location, remove)
Develop and execute project/implementation plans for key Affinity and Sponsored accounts within the Affinity and Member Benefits organization. Provide ongoing post-sale relationship management service resolving escalated issues with a focus on customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Accountable for the end-to-end account management experience of assigned customers.
- Develop, execute and track a project plan for both implementations and ongoing account management
- Provide management and project teams with updates on accounts.
- Develop and collaborate with internal business partners to deliver client satisfaction.
- Identify alternative solutions to resolve customer service concerns. Ensure client issues are addressed by appropriate parties.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Research and define opportunities to improve profitability and retain customers.
- Identify product/upsell opportunities and proactively educate clients on MetLife capabilities and enhancements.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify product and service offerings and to resolve escalated issues.
- Partner with marketing to develop marketing plans (promotions, communications and brand awareness) to grow current membership.
- Provide communication materials and reports to clients.
- Maintain up-to-date client databases, business plans and legal requirements.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of products offered, including but not limited to life, accident & health, dental, disability, Auto & Home and other individual products.
- Develop, build and maintain strong broker/consultant and client relationships. Attend client events and internal meetings (not geographic specific).
- Travel as needed, including work after hours.
- Mentors/Educates Affinity Consultants
- Expert in consultative support both internally and externally.
- Partner with sales to develop strategic account plans on key customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in the insurance industry (sales, underwriting, operations)
- Bachelor’s Degree Strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal presentations and written communications skills, also able to speak in front of large groups.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with ability to prioritize and work on numerous responsibilities at one time.
- Proven record of establishing, building and nurturing lasting customer relationships
- Experience working with Associations/Brokers/Consultants /Third Party Administrators and Sponsoring Organizations.
- Self-motivated, work both independently and as a team, and have strong desire to exceed goals
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, MS Project or equivalent)
- The ideal candidate will have expertise with affinity markets and the MetLife platforms of business
Up to 30%
Americas – National Accounts
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
Typical Experience: Typically has a BS/BA degree and 7-10 years of experience. Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible. Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness. Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities and understand the impact both administratively and financially. General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry. Proficient with Microsoft Office software. Advanced knowledge of MetLife’s group products, services and systems and ability to strategically analyze the interaction of these products, services and systems.