Equipment Development and Engineering team is part of PepsiCo Global R&D that works on new technologies for growth, cost reduction, sustainability & commercialization of innovation for beyond retail channels in marketing equipment (Vending, Coolers, Fountain) and in-home. The group works on global projects that are strategic priority for the beverage, snacks & nutrition business.
The Engineering Manager - Equipment Development will work with suppliers, consultants, and internal cross-functional team (Innovation, Design, Procurement, Marketing, Operations and Service) to prototype or commercialize high-profile innovation, productivity, sustainability projects on equipment globally. The role also works on emerging and breakthrough technologies that have the potential to shape the future of marketing equipment. The role spans exploring & developing new technologies to project management of new equipment for commercial scale manufacturing. This position reports to the Director of R&D Engineering - Equipment Development. Qualifications/Requirements
- BS or Masters in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- At a minimum, 6-8 years' experience in foodservice beverage equipment, appliance, water or commercial refrigeration, industries with complex electro-mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of system level knowledge, Water preferred.
- Experience with DFSS tools like QFD, DFMEA
- Solid understanding and the experience in leading project from concept to production
- Ability to work with cross functional team including international teams
- Utilizes project development processes and managing Projects in a Stage Gate process.
- Knowledge about equipment sustainability - energy and green refrigerants
- Knowledge about refrigeration system and over all commercial refrigeration
- Excellent skills in MS Projects, Excel, PowerPoint, Words...etc.
- Working experience in large companies, multinational setup is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic testing and qualifications is a plus
- Ability to travel 25% of the time, domestic and international
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.