Asset Protection Senior Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, distinguishing and analyzing multiple components of a problem and providing conclusions using high-level quantitative skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: leading teams on projects, effective communication to teams and other leaders; querying, reviewing and understanding shrink, markdown, returns and sales/financial data; identifying trends in business and the retail industry; and understanding key operational processes within the stores. Asset Protection Senior Business Analysts typically take direction from AP Managers, work cross-functionally and collaborate on assigned projects. Project management expertise, strong communication skills and cross-functionally partnering with all Asset Protection/LP teams and others throughout Home Depot is critical for the success of an Asset Protection Senior Business Analyst
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform data gathering tasks and analytics identify trends, develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors. Synthesize findings and make recommendations to upper management.
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Asset Protection Manager
- No associates report to this role, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work and train to other team members (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action)
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytics – ability to manipulate data and come to conclusions and make recommendations
- Strong Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint experience
- Experience using Tableau both as a user and publisher
- Familiarity with TeraData and Relational Databases
- Customer Service oriented
- Demonstrated leadership attributes
- Ability to work in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving, Results Driven, Builds Relationships and Lives Integrity
- Strong Merchandising, Retail and/or field knowledge
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!