Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 44,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2017, Yum! Brands was named among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to approximately 50 percent in 2016. We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with over 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With less than 3 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to approximately 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our mission is to build the world’s most loved, trusted and fastest growing restaurant brands. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into iconic, distinctive and relevant global brands.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our 1.5 million employees around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is great place to be yourself, grow and make a difference.Job DescriptionPURPOSE OF THE JOB: Provides analytical and research support for the design of both Healthcare and Work Life benefit programs. Assists with the costing of these programs to meet needed corporate financial guidelinesJOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluate employee benefit plan design alternatives quantifying short and long term business impacts and providing clear recommendations. For example, the incumbent will assess various dental plan design alternatives to determine the most efficient design over the next 5 years.
- Move programs from concept to implementation, developing detailed design and facilitating communications and administration. For example, the incumbent would develop the implementation plan for a new medical plan and work with communications, administration, and brand partners to ensure it is simple and understandable for restaurant employees and implemented smoothly.
- Develop a process and understand the company’s competitive position compared to other employers and identify business opportunities based on the results.
- Perform benefits operations functions including filing 5500 tax forms, managing vendor contracts and effectiveness reviews, and tracking plan documents and amendments.
- Develop the annual benefits budget allocating costs between divisions and brands and communicating with brand finance partners.
- Maintain key statistical data measuring the performance of the benefits plans and function including but not limited to interest rate trends, plan enrollment and demographics.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Finance. Financial training highly desirable
- 3 years overall HR experience. Minimum 2 years of Benefits experience in an analytical or design role. Specific experience in the design of Health/Welfare and/or retirement programs
- Strong financial and quantitative skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills