Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Hearthstone to lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for our Hearthstone franchise.QUEST DESCRIPTION
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
Required Application Materials
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Product Management, or Finance
- A minimum of 2 years' post-MBA work experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- MBA from a top-tier institution
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience with MPP technologies
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Hadoop and handling unstructured data sources
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- **Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.