* This position could be filled at a T7 or T8 dependent upon experience
Business resiliency professionals are responsible for establishing standards and best practices; developing, maintaining and testing disaster recovery and restoration plans; and consulting with the business to ensure business disruptions risks are understood and mitigated. They evaluate the effectiveness of back-up procedures and contingency plans and develop recommendations for review by management ensuring service continuity.
- Manages inquiries from regulators and customers regarding the overall implementation of the resiliency program.
- Responsible for managing continuous audit process
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the Program including management of Policies and Standards, identification of new and evolving risks
- Leads special projects representing the BRO and ORM.
- Assists in the development of overall recovery plans.
- Leads across teams, the preparation and testing of new or revised recovery plans. Leads efforts in planning for disruptions, establishing effective communication and recovery protocols.
- Provides technical expertise to the team in all aspects of resiliency- emergency planning, disaster and business recovery strategies, and industry best practices.
- Works with outside expert individuals and firms when necessary.
- Works with operations and business unit management responsible for critical functions, applications, and other technical support.
- Interfaces and consults with other business and IT professionals to coordinate recovery activities.
- Plays a lead role in the development and maintenance of The Hartford's Crisis Response Protocols with a focus on cyber related risk and response.
- Bachelor degree and at least five, typically seven or more years of experience in resiliency or business/technology operations. Equivalent combination of education and work experience related to the preparation and implementation of complex logistical plans.
- Requires excellent analytic ability, consultative, communication and management skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff, vendors and consultants.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford .
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD