Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business. Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and De Pere.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy. Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service. Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
The Business Execution Team is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and executing system and process work that drives continuous improvement, excellence and governance while deliver a best-in-class platform and aligning with the larger Retail strategic business objectives. This includes:
- Identifying and implementing best practices and strategic solutions through process & system analysis
- Leading and managing spend, priority and oversight of technology investments and the Retail Road map
This role reports up through Commercial Operations and supports all business lines, commodities and functional areas throughout the Retail organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Process Improvements and Business Solutions
- Support process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently not performed in day-to-day operations
- Identify potential process improvements which may not require system enhancements
- Assist in the development, documentation, deployment and monitoring the key business processes which support all products and internal business process flow thru value stream mapping.
- Apply other improvement tools/concepts such as Lean/Six Sigma to ensure process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Actively supports and promotes organization change
- Own partnerships with Functional Area Demand Managers to review, understand, prioritize and schedule work
- Manage list of prioritized work and ensure priorities are maintained and communicated to IT and Functional Area Demand Managers
- Work with the Functional Area Demand Managers to understand priorities and collaborate amongst teammates to create a consolidated priority list by system
- Engage with the Functional Area Demand Managers on an on-going basis to provide immediate support when an issue arises
Project Team Initiatives
- Create business-related analysis and design deliverables including requirements documentation / business stories, process models and training plans / materials
- Work with IT to ensure proper interpretation of the requirements / business stories and contribute to the project solution
- Collaborate with Project Managers to deliver results
- Execute assigned tasks including adding and revising tasks as needed to support the project
- Participate in creation of the business case to request funding for Capital and O&M projects
- Create and implement change management plans and activities using the ADKAR model
Contribute to Testing Efforts
- Assist in testing to ensure accurate, efficient, seamless and user-accepted code deployment to meet the needs of the Retail business
- Participate in testing with feedback loop to IT and Test Lead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Business, Information Technology, Engineering or other related field
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years of professional experience.
- LEAN/Six Sigma Certification
- Application of Competitive Excellence, Lean, Six Sigma or other improvement concepts and methodologies required.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated a strong track record of change management and understanding of what motivates others to change – Certification in Change Management preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving
- Experienced in facilitations of process mapping meetings with internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience to effectively manage workload and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experienced / or knowledge of the C&I Power/Gas and Mass Markets business is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the energy industry and retail operations and an understanding of the end to end processes and controls
- Ability to analyze ambiguous and rapidly changing data sets and identify key issues
- Demonstrated effective decision making in the midst of change in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture or work environment
- Demonstrated success in establishing departmental relationships and networks
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.