Senior Analyst Corporate Strategy (Job Number: 024061)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Analyzes complex data related to select mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and corporate development to determine the financial, operational and strategic fit within the Company. Works with Strategy and M&A team members to increase value by making recommendations based on value drivers discovered during analysis of these strategic initiatives. Job Responsibilities
- Analyzes potential acquisition and investment candidates, performs complex financial modeling and other analyses to support the negotiation of selected transactions.
- Performs complex financial analyses including the identification of outliers and trends, etc.
- Analyzes internal business metrics (current product mix, market share, distribution channels, pricing strategy, and other competitive factors) to enable strategic decision making.
- In collaboration with the M&A team, supports all aspects of the strategic acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments from inception through due diligence, valuation, closing and integration for a transaction.
- Builds understanding of the specified area and performs as a SME to key stakeholders. Utilizes knowledge to assist business leaders in leveraging ways to grow their business. Maintains involvement at a tactical level throughout the year. Maintains knowledge of competitive/industry trends.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves tools used in the M&A and venture capital processes.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management or economics, or High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management or economics.
- At least 2 years of experience performing business research such as analyzing financial statements/proxies and utilizing research databases (ie Lexis - Nexis).
- At least 2 years of experience in understanding and analyzing financial modeling.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 2 years of experience using financial metrics, ratios and calculations and public financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow).
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance , Accounting or Economics
- Experience in retail, pharmacy industry, or healthcare industry
- Analyzes complex data related to internal business performance, external industry /competitive trends, as well as select mergers and acquisition targets to determine strategic priorities and financial fit within the company.
- Works with Strategy and M&A team members to increase company value by making recommendations based on value drivers discovered during analysis of these strategic initiatives.
- Taking the discovery phase all the way up to the execution phase, where it will then be handed to the Merger and Acquisition team.
- Articulate in working with Data sets, creating frameworks and understanding complex data (high customer transactions) and comparing that data to competitive industries and environments.
- Strong Excel and experience working with in multiple spreadsheets.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.