Sr. Analyst, Customer Development - Kroger - Cincinnati, OH
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posted: March 15, 2017
Reference ID: 3612170302-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Analyst, Customer Development, based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Sr. Analyst, Customer Development is responsible for enabling the sales organization's achievement of forecast and team goals and objectives by delivering analytical support to the Business Development team, customer, and internal partners.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Independently translate analysis into actionable strategies and tactics by making recommendations on the product assortment, planogram design, display, key insights, and/or promotions in order to enhance sales.
• Build on and incorporate contextual understanding to increase their knowledge base of the selling story.
• Marry stakeholder strategy with company strategy in addition to translating learnings across functional lines
• Independently compile and present recommendations to decision makers.
• Participate in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
• Organize, analyze, and draw conclusions from a variety of syndicated data sources such as IRI, Nielsen, customer POS, and loyalty card data to independently discern trends and provide insights-based recommendations.
• Optimize SKU assortment by providing shopper, category, brand and/or customer insights to support a particular strategy or recommendations for customers.
• Develop planogram strategies and flow aligning with customer goals and shopper insights.
• Create planograms using Apollo software during the KOMPASS process and is providing strategic and tactical merchandising recommendations to Category Management and in-house customer planogram development support resources.
• Provide thought leadership and appropriate insights and analytics as needed to enhance sales results during strategic customer collaborative projects.
• Supports the Category Insights Manager or Business Development team during the strategic collaborative project when needed.
• Provide high quality, unbiased category management recommendations to customer retailers and field sales to enable them to increase share and customer spend.
• Assemble and present insight findings and provide insights-driven recommendations.
• Craft data-supported selling stories to drive sales.
• Provide analytic support to other internal partners, such as brand and field sales, by providing POS updates, line reviews, promotional reviews, and ad hoc special projects based on the need for in-depth analysis of data or other analytics services.
• Design, plan, manage and enhance promotional plans, such as developing signage and messaging for assigned store(s).
• Respond to customer requests from the assigned area regarding topics such as samples, supply, and order status. \
• Ensure that data utilized is accurately formed, reported and error-free when devising data sets through careful review and refinement prior to running analytical tests.
• Develop, utilize, and share best practices to enhance functional efficiency and accuracy of findings and recommendations.
• Support efforts to develop and enhance customer relationships.
• Persuade and influence internal teams and the customer to a different perspective through use of compelling data and insights.
• Comply with company policy and procedures at all times.
• 4 year degree required.
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in customer sales, category management/insights, shopper insights, business/sales analytics, or brand analytics in a consumer products environment required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with AC Nielsen or IRI is required.
• Customer POS system (i.e., Market 6) merchandising software (i.e., Apollo), and loyalty card data (i.e., 84.51/ dunnhumby) is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with CCO is preferred.
• Experience working with the food/grocery channel is preferred.
• Ability to independently organize and complete assigned work.
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex matrix, changing environment.
• Ability to access, assess, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from sales and customer data.
• Ability to create impactful presentations to explain recommendations and findings of studies.
• Fundamental platform skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources and web applications.
• Some knowledge of statistical methods desirable.
• Up to 10% travel required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)