The Sr. eCommerce Business Analyst will function as Lead to the junior eCommerce Business Analyst and lead the consultation with internal customers of eCommerce to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes and communicates these processes and their implications to technical and non-technical contributors to ensure that applications accurately meet business users' goals.
The Sr. eCommerce Business Analyst is the top-level expert in the management of eCommerce applications. He/she will lead the gathering and development of enhancements to our BSD and .Com applications through use-case development, wire frame review, user acceptance testing and implementation. The Sr. BA will be accountable for delivering on-time high-quality eCommerce solutions to Office Depot customers.
The Sr. eCommerce Business Analyst is the primary liaison between the business and IT and is responsible for leading the collection of business requirements, designing solutions, overseeing the development and coordinating the testing of innovative system and business solutions for the eCommerce organization. Additionally, the Sr. eCommerce Business Analyst is the key driver in collaborating with business personnel to create and document business work flows as well as configure application systems to match those work flows. Once configured, he/she is accountable for ensuring the appropriate testing and business training is provided to make for a smooth "go live" scenario. Upon implementation, the Sr. eCommerce Business Analyst will be the designate the participants in the ongoing support and future enhancement development for the respective applications.
Bachelor's Degree and 7 years experience
* Experience in MIS, Business, Computer Science
* Seven (7) years experience in business/systems analysis with a focus on web/internet projects.
* Strong experience capturing requirements for web application development specifically in eCommerce transactions.
* Experience writing functional requirement specifications, writing use cases, test plans and cases.
* Experience creating process flow diagrams. awareness of current web technology and tools (e.g. Search tools, Tracking tools, etc.)
* Expertise in use of Microsoft Office Suite. Previous coding experience. Knowledgeable about quality assurance methodology. Project management experience. Proven experience with ITIL processes a plus.
* Strong facilitation and communication skills; strong attention to detail; strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation and interview skills; strong organizing and planning skills with proven ability to multi-task; analysis and problem solving skills; negotiation skills; ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills across business and technical audiences
* Demonstrated ability to organize workload, multitask, think analytically, solve technical problems, and establish relationships across business and IT teams members.
* Must be a self-starter showing a high level of initiative. Positive "can-do" attitude.
* Prior business and or IT operations experience preferred. Ability to work well in a team environment sharing ideas, work flow, technologies, and processes
* Experience in test planning and execution and training documentation and execution preferred. Experience in the Retail industry.
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.