Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
As a Technical Support Engineer II you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer technical support for our Data Domain product line. You'll interact directly with EMC customers utilizing phone, email, chat and remote diagnostic channels to answer and resolve questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance
Dell EMC's Data Domain product line is the industry's most scalable, reliable and cloud-enable protection storage solution. If you have a background in Data Storage administration, Enterprise level datacenter, networking and thrive on providing your customers with the best support experience possible this could be a great opportunity. This role will be located at our Durham, NC office.
- Systematically gathers relevant information and applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
- Performs quality audits
- Participates in and possibly leads conference calls with customers
- Maintains proficiency in emerging technologies
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong Linux/windows
- TCP IP
- Backup knowledge
- Troubleshooting hardware/software
- Some storage experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years technical experience with ?
- Excellent English Verbal and written communications:
- Previous experience with direct customer support of enterprise or data center architecture or as a system or network administrator/engineer
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R18242
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.