Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Network Security Sr. Analyst (SOC Health and Triage) - SecureWorks
SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award and Frost & Sullivan's North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
Working within the Security Operations Center (SOC), a Firewall Monitoring Sr. Analyst (Health and Triage team) will be part of our larger Dedicated Teams organization. The Dedicated Teams supports large enterprise client, which offers consistent processes and a highly complex environment for troubleshooting and learning.
A Firewall Health Monitoring Sr. Analyst monitors the device health and performance of network security devices at this client's sites across the globe (including Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls and other Unix/Linux based platforms), answers inbound phone calls, addresses client queries, and documents and tracks all work (including analysis, results and communications) in the SecureWorks ticket-based CRM system built on Remedy. Additionally, you will be responsible for working to determine the efficacy and accuracy of current device health checks while providing constant feedback to the engineering team in order to enhance Secureworks' service value. Shift
Days (1st) shift 8am to 4:30pm Eastern time.
Other shifts may also be availableLocation
will be in any of our U.S. Security Operations Centers: Atlanta GA, Lisle IL (near Chicago), or Providence RI.Responsibilities:
• Take ownership of and troubleshoot tickets generated by the custom, proprietary health monitoring system. Tickets consist of alerts for unreachable devices, devices not reporting events, as well as other defined hardware and software failures
• Recognize and act on inconsistencies in data or results and escalate unusual problems, and identify issues beyond an expected situation
• Resolve problems introduced into customer networks including, but not limited to, broken VLAN settings, broken span port settings, changed IP addresses, duplicated IP addresses, changed access control lists, and incorrect NATs. Remotely manage client devices and quickly correct problems
• Meet defined service level agreements regarding response time and client notification. Apply considerable good judgment and initiative in resolving problems and making choices or decisions.
• Professionally and courteously answer client phone calls and email by:
- Authenticating callers against specific criteria
- Creating and/or updating tickets for all work and requests
- Handling customer concerns
• Assume responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work by identifying opportunities for new processes and procedures. Develop and document appropriate health troubleshooting techniques, and guides for current and newly supported third-party vendor platforms, by working with other senior analysts and engineers as new product offerings are being created. Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives in support of customer deliverables as assigned by management.Requirements/Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in a systems administration, networking, or technical field such as computer science or engineering (Or, equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years of experience with firewall technologies including Cisco, Check Point and Juniper SRX / Netscreen, Fortinet.
• 3-5 years of experience with security appliance technology, firewalls and Unix/Linux-based hardware platforms
Understanding of Unix or Linux operating systems including, but not limited to:
- Navigating the directory structure
- Managing processes
- Obtaining system statistics such as CPU, memory, disk, network interface utilization from the command line
- Identifying potential problems from system logs
• Understanding of computer network fundamentals including address resolution protocol, routing, network address translation, virtual private networks, the OSI model, and ability to read and interpret network diagrams
• Attention to detail, analytical and troubleshooting skills, and ability to maintain high levels of client satisfaction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of how intrusion detection, firewall, and other security devices operatePreferred, but not required:
• Security and Product certifications are preferred, including but not limited to Network+, A+ / Linux certification, CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP, JNCIS, SANS, GIAC (GCIA, and GCIH) etc.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R13085
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.