****** This role does require regular TRAVEL to locations within the ComEd service territory ******
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes in support of the Real Time devices related to the ComEd IT infrastructure under the guidance of a Lead Analyst or Manager. Position requires working knowledge of communications, communications testing and protocols; basic knowledge of networking; the ability to troubleshoot and resolve system issues; and to work towards improving existing system designs. Expands and applies knowledge of customer processes to job activities. Expected to work under minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and ongoing support of real time infrastructure including modems, networks, and servers and clients they connect. Assist with efforts to develop more efficient maintenance procedures for supporting installed solutions.
- Maintain a working relationship with the utility business unit stakeholders to facilitate the planning and work scheduling of production changes impacting servers, clients and networks in the ComEd IT environment. Interfacing with vendor partners supporting the ComEd IT infrastructure.
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams. Provide system security configuration recommendations based on NERC CIP requirements.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Maintain technical and utility knowledge related to ComEd IT infrastructure.
- 2 year Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Experience in Analog, Digital communication testing.
- Use of communication test equipment for audio tone and JMUX
- Knowledge of the Windows Operating System and core Windows applications.
- Basic knowledge of networks systems, TCP/IP connectivity.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing computers.
- Experience in securing IT systems and infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills and ability to pay strong attention to detail
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Electric Engineering Technology.
- ASE test set experience
- Knowledge of network protocols, such as DNP and Conitel.
- Basic knowledge of the Electrical System.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System.
- Understanding of NERC CIP or other security programs
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches, SANs and Firewalls
- Knowledge of business practices and processes for change management and basic project management disciplines
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.