PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Senior Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing programs to evaluate the regional entity’s adherence to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) CIP Rules of Procedure, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program, specifically as it pertains to the CIP security standards. CIP Standards provide cyber security framework for protection of computer systems supporting reliable operation of Bulk Electric System. This position reports to the manager of Compliance Operations. Compliance Operations is a central Exelon organization which promotes collaboration, shared learning, and the identification of best practices in support of the Exelon NERC CIP program. The position will interface with stakeholders supporting NERC CIP program across Exelon, including various IT organizations, transmission and generation business organizations and associated compliance teams and legal.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform CIP compliance activities.
- Implement oversight programs to evaluate the regional entity’s adherence to the NERC Rules of Procedure and Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program under direction of CIP Lead Analyst.
- Support regional entity CIP compliance program audits.
- Develop detailed material, information and tools to improve consistency in CIP program and compliance monitoring.
- Perform quality assurance of evidence and provide support to compliance investigations.
- Provide technical expertise in support of IT teams and transmission and generation Operations Technology teams performing NERC CIP compliance activities.
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of NERC compliance monitoring and enforcement program policies, procedures, rules, etc.
- Implement recommendations to improve the regional compliance program process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Technical understanding of information systems, platforms and IT operating procedures.
- Ability to manage and solve complex problems.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- An advanced degree and/or studies in information technology, cyber security, engineering, auditing or risk management preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Audit or enforcement experience.
- Understanding of NERC CIP Reliability Standards.
- Understanding of SCADA and the bulk power system.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.