Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- This role will be drive actionable customer marketing analyses projects
- Responsible for providing actionable insights into marketing program/ campaign performance across customer segments and customer life cycles
- Key contributor to identifying opportunities that can be leveraged by Integrated Marketing Strategy and Channels to drive incremental value to business
- Drive actionable customer marketing analyses to generate insights & opportunities to launch new programs & optimize ongoing customer acquisition and retention programs
- Develop impactful measurement plans for campaigns and ensure measurements & insights are consistently generated to optimize campaigns & future campaign design
- Define scope, recommend approach and project manage execution of analysis projects in coordination with Marketing, Offer Enablement, and other key teams
- Share insights from analyses in a timely and effective manner with key internal partners and leadership
- Drive engagement with key business partners to help them understand the impact of marketing programs and drive visibility to new opportunities
- Drive actionable analyses in support of print, e-mail, and digital marketing campaigns and programs; identify winners and poor performers
- Contribute to developing annual marketing plans leveraging customer marketing insights and a thorough understanding of broader business goals
- Typical analyses include: insights into results from test/ control splits, forecasting business results, campaign performance analyses, attribution of campaign results to marketing activities, propensity analysis, lapsed risk analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B/ B2C Business Analysis, Marketing Analysis, and customer analysis, and performance reporting
- Bachelors in Business/ Marketing required. MBA or other Masters a strong plus.
- 4+ years of presenting insights & findings to business partners; good client management
- At least 4+ years experience working on analytical and reporting platforms/tools such as Site Catalyst (Adobe analytics), SAS, SPSS, Business Objects, Google Analytics, Tableau
- Experience working at large retailers, businesses with matrix org structure or consulting strong plus
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, problem solving, planning & analysis
- Experience tracking and analyzing customer/ marketing KPIs and driving actionable insights
- Functional knowledge of interactive marketing and onsite channel tactics such as paid search, display advertising, email marketing, affiliates and social media
- Functional knowledge of mass media, direct mail, and trade shows strong plus
- Excellent verbal and demonstrated written communications skills
- Experience in effectively packaging and presenting business insights to stakeholders
- Good client services and communication skills and ability to present to teams with different levels of exposure to marketing channels
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.