At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assists the desk manager in overseeing market risk of the Hedge book for East or West region by identifying market risks, analyzing and quantifying risk levels and changes, ensuring that the business operates with predefined limits and communicating risk issues to the desk manager
- Measure/analyze changes in risk positions, RnF@risk, option Greeks and other risk metrics
- Develop intimate knowledge of the energy industry, with emphasis on the physical operations of the respective regions
- Learn and understand generation assets, customer load/deals and key structured transactions in the respective regions and their impact on the overall portfolio
- Contribute to the development of the Risk policies and limits
- Work with Commercial and Risk Analytics teams on developing risk metrics relevant to the regions and main exposures in the portfolio: stresses, scenario analysis, cash metrics, etc.
- Maintain a dialog with hedge book managers to understand commercial strategies and to communicate any risk issues related to managing the portfolio and strategies
- Assess risks and rewards of portfolios and strategies and work with the Commercial teams to optimize the ratio
- Monitor compliance with risk limits, identify and communicate potential risk concentrations, limit exceedances and large exposures to Commercial and Risk management
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Calculate risk metrics, streamline and automate calculations wherever possible. Maintain high standards of quality.
- Provide daily update of risks and positions for specified region(s) ' including significant changes.
- Prepare analysis for the weekly Risk Management Committee meeting and other special/ad hoc analysis for various management meetings. Communicate slides with PM's to ensure data is accurate and presented in a cohesive manner
- Use quantitative methods to develop new frameworks and perform ad-hoc analyses for risk limits and guidelines as required by business activity, market events, or changes in risk appetite
- Raise potential issues to Market Risk Management
- Establish and improve an active dialogue with portfolio managers to understand and quantify emergent market risks and hedge strategies.
- Bachelor's degree with related major and excellent academic background.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, financial modeling, and options theory.
- Minimum 5 years related experience including at least 1 year of experience in energy or financial product risk management
- Strong knowledge of the energy markets
- Strong analytical problem solving and data analysis skills, with attention to detail
- Strong organization and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (both orally and in writing) and ability to work with and add value to the business and to present finding to senior management
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to lead, work independently and/or participate as a team member on multi-part projects with little oversight
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and decisively in a fast changing environment; to challenge the status quo and the confidence to independently challenge trades with perceived excessive risk is required.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (such as accounting, mathematics, sciences, economics, finance, or engineering), and will have completed or be on track to complete one of the following certifications: CFA, FSA/ASA/CERA, ERP, or FRM.
- Ability to link company strategy and the risk management implications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels of the organization, and initiative to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management experience
- Experience with VBA modeling, Matlab, R, SAS, SLANG or SQL.
- Knowledge of relevant systems, processes and practices. Good understanding of price and volumetric risk as they relate to hedging load and generation positions
- Understanding energy related contracts
- Reports to the Director, Market Risk ' Hedging or Supervisor, Market Risk -- Hedging
- Coordinates closely with commercial, PM and Hedge Trading and other risk groups
- Focuses on market risk management for hedging activities
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster