Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's machineQ business is focused on building networks and a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services. As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector. Development of this business requires cultivating relationships with various external groups that foster entrepreneurial engagement in the IOT ecosystem including venture capitalists, incubators and accelerators. Equally important is the development of relationships with emerging businesses and a critical assessment of the structure, operations, and business models of potential partners across various industries.
The Sr. Analyst, New Business Ventures will be responsible for supporting one or more Directors of New Business Ventures. He or She will identify machineQ partner opportunities from relevant candidates that are venture capital funded or that are being incubated or developed within various accelerators. This role will require developing points of view on the IOT ecosystem, rigorous financial analysis of potential partners and persistent outreach and follow up with partner prospects. An ability to prepare presentations for investment consideration will also be important. Familiarity with the emerging IOT landscape and the various components of the IOT ecosystem is a big plus. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including Product Strategy, Finance, Business Development, Legal and Engineering.
This position is located in Philadelphia, PA and will require minimal travel (<10%) across the country and on an as needed basis.
- Identifies and sources partnership opportunities with relevant emerging IOT businesses
- Reviews emerging IOT applications and solution developments and considers potential engagement for machineQ
- Supports the evaluation of new partner opportunities including the creation of business cases, NPV/IRR analysis.
- Creates executive level presentations in support of investment recommendations
- Supports the execution of POC (Proof of Concept) opportunities with Sales and Product teams
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, and can manage the delivery of projects with tight deadlines on time and to strategy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Business, Finance or related degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience building complex financial analyses
- Engagement and prospecting interaction with the partners, managers, investors and founders of startup organizations.
- Experience with account management, relationship management and solution selling.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, yet unstructured environment
- Proficient with power point and excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with IOT/M2M a big plus!
- Travel is required for this role, approximately (<10%) across the country and on an as needed basis.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer