What you’ll be doing...
The Financial Systems Group (FSG) Payroll Systems team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support Payroll Time and Labor activity for Verizon Payroll within the $120+ billion Verizon Group.
The Configuration & Support Senior Analyst is an interface between Payroll, IT, FSG, and other stakeholder groups and is responsible for the plan, build, deliver, and configuration for large-scale, complex Payroll Systems, business as usual (BAU) changes, and program projects with a significant impact on Finance and IT landscape. This position also supports Payroll Operations and Finance leadership through issue intake, issue management, and escalation resolution. Provides reporting support and monitors daily queue stats within established SLA’s while following company and department policies and procedures. Works closely with internal customers to resolve VZ Time and other Payroll Systems-related issues. Supports system testing, ongoing, and future initiatives as requested. Works closely with Payroll management/staff, IT Development, and other Finance departments in support of time bound processes and project delivery. Evaluates and recommend changes to related policies and procedures to streamline processes and enhance automation.
Payroll System configuration including analysis of time codes and pay rules affecting operations and systems; recommendations for the most efficient and effective configuration solutions for production bugs.
- Strategic and operational configuration planning and delivery for Agile projects; Identifies solutions, presents design input, executes software configuration for new development, and documents changes to meet standards and customer and project demands for VZ Time (Infor Workbrain), PeopleSoft 9.1 and future system iterations.
- Writes complete and effective user stories, defect descriptions, acceptance criteria and business rules for Agile development.
- Enterprise Change Over Management Team member – executes and performs technical validation of Production Release configuration changes impacting time reporting and pay calculations for 143,000 domestic employees.
- Audits configuration elements for inconsistencies, duplicates, and optimization.
- Handles system outages and escalations with urgency, notifying Payroll customers, IT and others quickly.
- Provides Tier 2 technical support; applies exceptional knowledge of VZ Time (Infor Workbrain HCM), PeopleSoft, other Payroll systems, and online tools, to triage routine, complex and non-routine issues for Payroll Systems including VZTime, PeopleSoft, and others.
- Takes accountability for management of Payroll Systems issues through the workflow, scheduling working sessions and proactively involving FSG team members, IT, Payroll, and others as needed to achieve SLAs and move issues through to resolution.
- Works to create trust, and establish rapport and partnership, with all involved.
- Demonstrates and models to others a commitment to VZW code of conduct and business guidelines in all areas of work.
- Develops SOPs, project plans, task lists, procedures, and configuration documentation necessary for successful deployment and knowledge transfer; looks for opportunities to add value to the Payroll Systems team and our Payroll customers.
- Understands SLA measurement, produces reports, and meets or exceed established SLA targets.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of payroll processing fundamentals in pay rules and calculation groups.
- Knowledge of Payroll Systems.
- Experience serving internal customers, stakeholders, and collaborating with 3rd party vendors.
- Issue management and workflow experience with Jira, SharePoint, or other.
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management (HCM) systems.
- Availability to work off hours for production (Go Live) migrations and testing.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of Verizon pay rules, collective bargaining agreement terms, time feeder systems, VZ Time design and integration with PeopleSoft, and Gross Pay Module.
- Industry Certifications (MCSE, AGILE, PMI).
- Ability to write and document a process with demonstrated ability to identify gaps, waste, and drive process improvements.
- Knowledge of Payroll Systems, preferably VZ Time, Infor/Workbrain, and PeopleSoft.
- Strong SQL skills with four or more years of directly related experience with configuration management and orchestration tools like DMU, SQL or similar.
- Detail orientation with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment, in a team and as an individual, that requires a high degree of multi-tasking and still meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new procedures and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and use of MS Office.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.