What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Analyst - Purchasing will be responsible for the following:
- This position will lead the process of sourcing and developing relationships with Suppliers at every stage of the procurement process. Included in this Supplier Management role will be the Management of any active Vendor Management Programs and the Suppliers included in those Programs. In cases where is an outsourced MSP assigned, this person will assist that MSP.
- This position will also manage or assist with Telematics and Networkfleet locations’ sourcing and vendor selection processes, including but not limited to working with internal business units and Verizon Sourcing to conduct and manage the RFx process, vendor identification, evaluation, selection and management following selection.
- Also responsible for leading the direction in working with the finance/analytics team(s) to build appropriate costing, supplier efficiency and effectiveness and related models. Utilizing this data, (s)he will help measure performance, identify department KPIs and design report cards, reports and dashboards which will provide performance readouts and insights for improvement. This Strategist will work cross-functionally with internal and external business user teams, operations and other finance resources to drive savings, customer (internal) satisfaction and program success.
- This resource will be trained to assist with the Sourcing Request process that is used to facilitate contracts and related assistance through Verizon sourcing, and
- Finally, this resource will be trained to act as a key member of the team in support of the Purchase Request creation, receipts and related PeopleSoft procurement processes. Resource will likely be asked to contribute in other key initiatives and support the team in other areas as new opportunities present themselves.
What we’re looking for...
- Demonstrated experience communicating with and managing suppliers
- Demonstrated and expert analytical skills and experience developing business cases and analyzing spend, supplier and program effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities and experience leading and participating in cross functional teams.
- A successful candidate is a self-starting, motivated individual, willing to own and improve vendor management and related tools, measure and reduce costs, thus increasing revenue generation for the company. Strong verbal skills and the ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment and ability to balance, multi-task and prioritize; someone that will get the job done every day.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years’ experience working with suppliers, customers and/or internal business units and multitasking, in a fast-paced environment, with proven results
- Accounting or Finance experience with expertise in spend related, analytical analyses
- Proven experience working both independently and as part of a team
- 3+ years in the corporate or large organizational environment.
- The Verizon Telematics team is a leading provider of next generation connected services, also known as telematics. The team offers a portfolio of connected services in the following industries: OEM, Aftermarket, Usage Based Insurance (UBI), and Fleet Management through a number of portfolio offerings.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.