At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide in-depth technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions, focusing on back-end Object Oriented Programming in C#, C, C++ and Python.
Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science, math, physics or equivalent and typically 5 plus years
experience in IT or quantitative analytics functions
- Prior software development experience in C#, C, C++ and Python.
- Demonstrates strong software development capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows, Solaris, Linux
- Knowledge of development languages - C/C++, Python, Perl, C#
- Knowledge of database - Oracle, SQL Server
- Understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Analytics knowledge/experience in the areas of financial products, risk management/risk measures and market knowledge in a commodity operations environment
- Prior experience developing software requirements, designing conceptual data models & system architecture, and user interfaces, etc. is a major plus
- Prior experience applying quantitative analysis tools and techniques to assist market analysis and growth initiatives
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor