Constellation is seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join our Retail Operations team as a Technical Senior Analyst to be located in our Houston office.
The Senior Analyst position within Retail Operations is the technical subject matter expert during escalations and provide cross function communications across the organization. The Technical Senior Analyst will monitor the day-to-day workflow activities for the functional team and develop technical solutions for quality performance reporting for the targeted deliverables. The Technical Senior Analyst will participate and lead both tactical and strategic system improvement projects, including requirement gathering, solution design, testing, and system deployment. The Technical Senior Analyst will create opportunities to develop team’s technical skills by providing one-to-one training and workshop training events.
This role will be part of the Reporting & Analytics group within our Retail Operations team.
- Monitor day-to-day workflow activities for the functional team to ensure work performed by team members is high quality, timely and in compliance with operational objectives.
- Develop technical solutions to support workflow monitoring and performance reporting.
- Communicate functional team’s progress, status and issues to management. Report targeted and obtained deliverables.
- Drive interaction and communication between functional team and internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as escalation point of contact for internal and external customer issues impacting the team.
- Serve as technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional teams and projects across the organization.
- Initiate process improvements and cross-functional team education and training for assigned workflow areas.
- Support and drive interaction between team members and other functional teams.
- Participate and lead both tactical and strategic system improvement projects, including requirement gathering, solution design, testing, and system deployment.
- Work with manager to design and execute personal development plans addressing technical skills and increasing industry knowledge.
- Define and assess personal technical skills for team.
- Create opportunities to develop team’s technical skills by providing one-to-one training and workshop training events.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of UDC/ISO market rules and ensure own group and other groups within Operations are following current market requirements.
- Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Key Controls and other company policies are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline
- Prior experience in using and resolving complex issues in workflow systems
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and SQL database query development
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties as required
- Can obtain and analyze data without supervision and can reason through complex scenarios to suggest course of action or remediation
- Effectively communicate with, develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent attention to detail knowing others will depend on it being correct
- Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to organize and prioritize a fast-paced, heavy workload
- Adapts to changing markets, systems, and processes
- Works in tight deadlines and shifting priorities but continues to be organized and methodical
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience in the retail energy industry and/or regulated energy industry
- Prior experience in using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
- Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and/or SQL database query development
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.