Does the status quo bore you? Do you defy convention? Are you curious about what drives shopper behavior? If so, you are the perfect candidate to join the PepsiCo Demand Xcelerator, a dynamic team that brings together the transformational power of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space Engineering to inform and propel PepsiCo's Sales and Marketing Plans with our key retailer partners like Walmart, Target, Kroger and 7-Eleven.
As a Shopper Insights Analyst with the Demand Xcelerator, you will play a strong role in delivering insights and recommendations to support PepsiCo's North America Nutrition (NAN) Sales & Marketing strategy development and selling stories to support brands like Gatorade, Tropicana, Quaker, and Naked Juice. You will also have an opportunity to support the PepsiCo portfolio diving shopper loyalty with key customers.
The Shopper Insights Senior Analyst is responsible for delivering insights t hat will drive growth for PepsiCo and our retailers. This person utilizes understanding of product assortment, price, placement, and promotion to drive shopper insights that lead to actions, which will help address both PepsiCo and the customer's problem to solve. This role works closely with other functions within the Demand Xcelerator and NAN's sales and marketing teams to support key business planks and projects.RESPONSIBILITIES: Joint Business Planning Support:
Business & Customer Strategy Support
- Input into the development of NAN's Discovery materials including evaluating division specific aspects of macro-trends and key business performance drivers
- Identify JBP shopper/customer problems to solve for key retailers
- Assist in developing the customer facing materials for the JBP meetings
Marketing Department & Shopper Marketing Support
- Collaborate with DX Shopper Capabilities team to build expertise in using proprietary tools and syndicated data to identify and address shopper problems to solve
- Partner with category management and sales strategy to represent the shopper POV in selling materials, including Sightline presentations, sell stories and shelving & assortment decks
- Translate customer and category data into insights that inform category growth
Qualifications/Requirements KEY SKILLS NEEDED:
- Support development of PepsiCo's shopper targeting capabilities, which enable deep understanding of our shoppers to use for shopper prioritization and targeting
- Leverage the power of data and shopper understanding to work with shopper and brand marketing teams to identify the right shopper target for marketing programs
- Work with media and digital teams to inform how to build more targeted marketing programs, helping to drive stronger effectiveness of programs
- Design and create compelling, clear and concise presentations for senior management and external customers
- Keeps apprised of brand insights, retail industry and consumer trends and uses this data to educate marketing and sales teams and the channel customers
- Strong Experience with analytical tools and their application (IRI, data analysis)
- Commercial experience (marketing, sales, category management preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with others for a better solution
- Applies strategic & transformative thinking in all efforts
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of Sales and/or Consumer/Shopper Insights experience and/or Category Management and/or Brand Marketing
- Customer Team experience in shopper support function desirable
- Excellent analytical skills: Demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, syndicated data sources and application (Nielsen, IRI , NPD, 84.51 and/or other retailer loyalty card data
- Solid organizational and project management skills - able to manage multiple projects at once and able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution
- Self-starter, able to work independently on projects
- Creative thinker who can bring innovation to projects and processes.
Not Eligible for Relocation