At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Treasury Planning and Capital Markets Sr. Analyst has the following primary responsibilities: rating agency analysis/relationships, credit analysis, corporate Long-Range Plan (LRP) and Latest Estimate (LE) support, financing plans, cash forecasting support, capital markets execution (including debt and equity offerings and interest rate hedging), compliance reporting, 10K/Q and earnings release support and numerous ad hoc analysis to support Treasury, Finance and Exelon leadership. The Treasury Planning and Capital Markets Sr. Analyst has significant interface with a variety of corporate and operating company functions, including Treasury Operations, Corporate Planning, Project Evaluation, Controller, Corporate Development, Generation Development, Enterprise Risk, Credit Risk, Legal and Operating Company Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This position will also have significant external interfaces, including the rating agencies, investment banks and external legal counsel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Preparation of rating agency presentations, answering questions from the agencies, keeping abreast of industry credit rating trends/issues and changes in ratings methodologies
2. Understanding and ability to explain rating agencies’ ratings methodologies for S&P, Moody’s and Fitch. Well-versed on ratings trends and actions for industry peers
3. Preparing credit, funding and capital structure analysis of capital projects, M&A, business combinations/ restructurings and asset sales; work is confidential and will be completely under time sensitive deadlines
4. Coordinating credit metric development and analysis for LRP, LE, quarterly earnings releases and Investor Relations presentations, including scenario analysis
5. Coordinating Treasury’s preparation for the LRP/Budget, earnings release, financing plan and value return plan
6. Lead and/or support all capital markets efforts across the organization, including issuance of debt at each of the operating companies and debt and equity at the parent company
7. Support development of interest rate hedging strategy, execution plans and reporting
8. Responsible for debt compliance reporting, including compliance with regulatory authorities
9. Periodic evaluation of capital markets alternatives and strategies including, but not limited to refinancing, tender offers, make wholes, exchanges and share repurchases
10. Coordinating Treasury Planning and Capital Markets inputs for SEC reporting (10Q/10K)
11. Support Treasury leadership on special ad hoc projects
• MBA with 3 years related experience and demonstrated project management experience, or Bachelor’s degree with related major and 5 years related experience and demonstrated project management experience
• CPA or CFA preferred
• Knowledge of large complex models; understanding of FP&A model and process (preferred)
• Financial modeling skills (ability to modify models to perform “what-if” analysis or simplify model to match available data)
• Hyperion Strategic Finance experience preferred
• Strong understanding of financial statements and ability to perform financial statement analysis with focus on cash and credit impacts
• Experience with credit analysis and capital markets preferred
• Strong communication skills: oral and written; communication will be with senior managers/executives as well as cross functional
• Strong presentation skills: developing key messages and executive-level presentation slides
• Attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and work on time-sensitive ad-hoc projects
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.