WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Based in Hartford, CT, the Web and Application hosting team is looking for a Sr. IT Analyst. You will serve as an individual contributor on a diverse high energy team with IT Engineers, Analysts and Managers in a changing environment. You will help create best practices, assist Engineers in the creation of standards, partner on the design, implementation and operational support of various application and web platforms and help price the various services offered by the Web and Application Hosting team. You will work with both internal Hartford employees and staff from our vendor partners on strategic planning to create useful and effective Platforms. You must be comfortable reporting to all levels of Sr. Management up to C level. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Develop and execute service delivery plans to improve the efficiency and capability of Web and Application hosting platforms while reducing risk
- Collaborate with IT and Business professionals from across several functions and disciplines
- Coordinate the delivery of Web Application infrastructure and platforms as a service
- Assist in the creation of an IT Governance frameworks for a large catalog of shared Web and Application Hosting services
- Assist in the creation of Middleware and Application Hosting standards to improve the consistency of service delivery
- Collaborate with Project Managers and assist with staffing projects using both company and vendor resources as appropriate, based on business demand
- Assist in the development of Application hosting road maps to meet the future needs of the business.
- Review service utilization and resource capacity to ensure that projects are adequately staffed
- Match resources with projects based on capacity, skillset and project requirements
- Review the service levels of vendor partners, work with our vendors and IT leadership to improve efficiency, accuracy and predictability of the services delivered
- Provide consultation services to new and existing applications on the most efficient use of Platforms as a Service
- Ensure adherence to in-house standards and industry best practices
- Lead or assist applications in the on time migration from legacy platforms to company standard or strategic new platforms.
- Work with IT Engineers and Architects to define, maintain and ensure adherence to standards and best practices for:
- The use of Web and Application hosting services
- The engagement and use of Platforms as a Service
- Configuration and long term support of Web and Application hosting infrastructure
- Evaluate new versions of Web and Application hosting Platforms and update standards, and best practices accordingly
- Lead root cause analysis discussions and write root cause analysis documents to help in the prevention of recurrence of application, platform outages or service interruptions.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Master's degree and 8 or more years of industry experience or equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience working with application development teams
- Data Management skill and the ability to analyze results and form conclusions
- Knowledge of the implementation, management, delivery and use of Platforms as a Service
- Experience with cloud computing, virtualization, containers, datacenter migrations.
- Must be able to interact with all levels within the company up to and including C-level Executives
- Experience directing teams, setting priorities and plans, to meet business goals
- Vendor/supplier management experience a plus
- Highly collaborative, decisive person, comfortable making quick, independent decisions in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must
- Strong financial management and data analysis skills are a must
- Able to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships
- Self-starter. Able to balance multiple demands from multiple customers
- Solid planning and organizational skills and ability to establish priorities, anticipate problems, determine completion dates, manage time effectively and delegate effectively.
- Working knowledge of Web servers, application server, and Java Programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **