Sr. Android Engineer - MileIQ
Location: San Francisco, California
Posted: September 28, 2017
Reference ID: 1072891
Senior Software Engineer - Android Development at MileIQ
Join the team responsible for the #1 grossing Finance App in the Play Store. We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer who is passionate about creating great app experiences and who has the skills to solve challenging problems with well-designed code.
At MileIQ, we work in small, independent, cross-functional Scrum teams to craft innovative software solutions for our customer's needs. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about human-centered design, finding simple solutions to complex problems and excel at solving real issues for real people. Over 2 million users trust MileIQ, the top grossing finance app in both app stores, to automatically log their mileage for their largest deductions and reimbursements ever. Join us in reinventing the future of productivity.
- Code for our Android app
- Collaborate with a scrum squad to design, implement, and release new features.
- Work with UI designers to implement intuitive and engaging UI designs
- Ensure and promote practices that ensure high-quality, stability and performance
- Lead code and design reviews
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 5 or more years of software development experience, including at least 3 years as an Android developer
- Proficient in Java
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented software development, algorithms and data structures
- Built user interfaces with custom or unique interactions
- Proven track record of taking features from concept to release on the Play Store
- Experience with quality assurance practices, unit testing and automated testing
- Familiarity with web services, API development or database development is a plus
Microsoft will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.