At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Application Engineer for the Display Materials and Systems Division (DMSD) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Senior Application Engineer
will support the growth of the Specialty Display Products Group across a variety of display markets with the objective of finding new applications for screen protection, privacy, and display enhancement products and increasing the sales in established applications. The AE role has many facets to support the development of new business opportunities and products. The AE will need to work closely internally with sales, marketing and laboratory teams and externally with 3M customers. For additional information, please visit:
www.3m.com/displayenhancement Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Internally with the sales, marketing and laboratory teams to:
- Define the market value and competition for current and developing products
- Create demonstrations illustrating product value and advantages
- Provide technical data to support strategy development and business decisions
- Build promotional materials for customers and trade shows
- Identify emerging trends and new opportunities
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts with system level knowledge and testing
- Communicate market opportunities and customer requirements
- Provide guidance and training to technical service, business team, sales, customer service, and global team
- Develop test methods relevant to customer uses
- Scout 3M technology for new product opportunities
Externally with domestic and global 3M customers to:
- Develop the customer by teaching about the possibility of 3M products and technologies
- Present data and solve problems by traveling to the customer
- Lead the 3M global team on key account issues
- Understand and represent the customer position to internal teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum two (2) years of combined experience working in a manufacturing and/or laboratory environment
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is not authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Optics/Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with key account engagement and/or technical sales/service
- Capability and familiarity with optical display and film testing equipment and methods
- Experience with external communications (oral, written, and digital)
- Approachable, self-starter who is adaptable to a variety of technologies
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing tasks and/or manage projects in a fast moving environment
- Entrepreneurial and innovative problem solver tempered by practical experience
- Ability to teach and engage across a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Experience working on a global cross functional team
- Microsoft Office proficient, Minitab a plus
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.