At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Application Engineer for the Communication Markets Division (CMD) located in Austin, Texas. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Sr. Application Engineer will have a strong fundamental background in electrical engineering, RF engineering, or physics that enables the development and commercialization of creative new products for wireless access networks. The selected candidate will utilize their strong experience with wireless equipment and networks to identify new materials and products for use within the equipment and infrastructure that supports 4G and 5G networks.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Initiating and developing strong relationship or partnerships with technical personnel in the mobility ecosystem.
- Applying technical skills to understand technological developments in the mobile wireless industry.
- Leadership of new product development projects to successful launch.
- Developing intellectual property aligned with strategic plans of the division.
- Providing wireless application engineering support to the global CMD organization.
- Identifying and specifies new product opportunities.
- Meeting with customers to communicate about new products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years product development experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering or Physics from an accredited university
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multifunctional teams through project leadership or by providing key technical leadership
- Demonstrated contributions or leadership roles in national or international wireless organizations
- Seven (7)+ years' previous wireless product development or network deployment experience
- Experience with industry testing standards(for example: Telcordia, TIA, IEC, etc)
- Experience with new product commercialization processes, such as 3M's NPI
- Excellent written and oral communication skills from peer to senior management levels
- Demonstrated skills to develop personal networks and collaborations, inside the organization and with outside partners
- Skilled at generation and review of intellectual property, including invention submissions, patents, trade secrets, etc.
: Austin, TexasTravel:
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.