The Applied DX Application Engineer is a recognized subject matter expert and authority at the Business Unit (BU) or site. Using his/her HVAC equipment experience, assists channel sales people, Consulting Engineers and Independent sales representatives in the proper selection and pricing of Applied DX HVAC equipment. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide commercial, competitive and technical application support via phone or e-mail to the field sales organization on relevant Applied DX products with minimal direction.
- Works with a small team of technical employees to provide articulate resolutions to the field selling organization requests for support with a strong emphasis on Basis of Design.
- Provide application training and support as required, on a broad range of Applied DX Products for the field sales organization.
- Participate in testing of Applied DX Product selection and pricing software.
- Work with the Field Sales organization, Product Managers and Engineering to answer questions on sizing, application and available modifications to standard Applied DX products.
- Coordinate with engineering to develop Special Quotes for unique requirements that do not fit standard product offerings.
- Work with marketing to develop selection and pricing software requirements as necessary.
- Use your HVAC equipment experience to recommend cost effective alternatives where appropriate and value engineering alternatives for Applied DX Equipment and systems.
- Strive for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes.
- Use various computer databases to locate relevant information on appropriate product, interpret the information and provide succinct details in a timely manner to persons requesting assistance.
- Tracking of calls, customer interface and emails using electronic database systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- BS degree in Engineering (BSME, BSEE or BSIE) or related science.
- Significant experience in a technical role may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience sizing and selecting HVAC equipment for commercial use.
- Understanding of business principles for the business unit.
- Customer service experience supporting technical products.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.