GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Application Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The NPE DOORS Lead Engineer is a key member of a team chartered with developing the strategy, plans, processes, methods, training and implementation of a large scale requirements definition and management program that will enable the business too capture a wide breath of requirements from customers, regulatory bodies, and numerous codes and standards. The engineer will use IBM's Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
This engineer will provide assistance to the operations team in order to meet assigned objectives, including:
* Work with Requirements Definition Engineering & Management (RDE&M) team leadership to develop methodology and processes for implementation of requirements identification, definition, management, traceability, and metrics using DOORS.
* Train, mentor, and drive implementation of plant, system or platform, and component level design document hierarchies, schemas, and technical deliverables managed and published from DOORS.
* Be a "hands on" subject matter expert (SME) and practitioner of DOORS system - Strive to remain current in knowledge, skill, evolving techniques, tool functionality and scripting [e.g.; DXL], and related utility programs [e.g.; Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)]. Become a DOORS support representative for first and second tier questions.
* Be a member of an extended RDE&M and DOORS user group - Provide pre-planned and emergent support, share best practices and lessons learned, prepare and maintain plans, processes/procedures, instructions (PPI), desktop or user guides, change/customization and configuration management documentation.
• Define, justify, develop, implement, and drive use of appropriate DOORS database architectures, schemas, configurations, productivity automation utilities, interfaces with interfacing applications or programs, etc.
* Generate Weekly Audit Reports; work to validate user access rights, nationality, & permissions; Account provisioning with User Creation validation with IDM or Workflow
* Conduct DOORS Data Integrity Checks. Update environment, document, or process based upon audit results.
* Creation & update of published Guidelines & How-To documents for DOORS. Support development and maintenance of the DOORS users guide. Document training files as needed.
* Support new application release efforts
* Support the DOORS extension of usage for new programs
* Aid the Requirements Management Lead and the New Plants Engineering (NPE) team with the successful implementation of DOORS
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
* At least 5 years of experience writing implementation documentation (Procedures, Process Diagrams, business process, etc.)
* At least 5 years of experience performing requirements analysis
* At least 5 years of experience in using traceability matrices to ensure project requirements are satisfied
* Experience administration using DOORS or other COTS Requirements Management Tool on a DOE/DOD project
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Subject matter expert for the DOORS software
* Process oriented with ability to facilitate continuous performance improvement
* Experience defining and implementing utilities to deliver Engineering process productivity such as: document test/table import and export routines (e.g.; DOORS WEXP, DocExpress, Word Integration, etc.), integration with defect tracking tools (e.g.; Telelogic DOORS Connect to Mercury Quality Center Test Director, ReqPro)
* Experience in leading small teams in a dynamic, customer focused environment.
* Excellent technical writing in general with focus on requirements and design documents
* Open communication style and proven ability to develop team relationships in fast paced environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems - Process oriented with ability to facilitate continuous performance improvement.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.