Microsoft's Artificial Intelligence and Research division is engaged in building platforms and tools as part of the developer ecosystem for the enterprise data scientist. These are used within numerous internal groups such as Bing, Evoke, Analog, etc., as well as externally. Microsoft is doubling down on the efforts to improve the scope and functionality of these platforms and tools to meet increasing customer demands.
We are looking for a strong applied scientist to complement the framework team who is responsible building the open source Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK, https://github.com/Microsoft/CNTK). A successful candidate must have a strong background in machine learning applications and systems, broadly in the area of speech, natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, compiler, distributed systems, etc. The candidate must be able to work in a challenging, dynamic environment with multiple interactions across teams with different backgrounds ranging from product development to research.
Desired skills include deep understanding of machine learning applications and systems, programming deep learning models with Python/C++, and research capabilities to shape the future of the toolkit. Join the team which is driving the boundary of what is possible in machine vision, speech recognition, language understanding and help us deliver magical experiences to Microsoft's customers.
• Excellent knowledge in machine learning/deep learning, and experience with Python/C++.
• Familiar with at least one of the public deep learning toolkits such as Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow or CNTK.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams of various sizes
• Excellent interpersonal oral and written communications skills
• Experience delivering results through collaboration across disciplines, feature teams, and partners
• Master Degree or higher in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience
• Strong verbal and communication skills in English are required
The description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.