The Office of the CTO Technical Advisor (TA)
Emerging Markets Digital Transformation is a new business unit part of the Microsoft’s Global Sales and Marketing Organization (GSMO). Our mission is to accelerate the growth of Microsoft’s business in emerging markets and tangibly contribute to the realization of Microsoft’s mission of empowering everyone and every organization on earth to achieve more.
The Office of the CTO (OCTO) is searching for technical advisors to be part of a team delivering digital transformation technologies and services in the emerging market. Specifically, OCTO provides the strategic technical direction and technical leadership to EMDT’s senior management and business pursue teams. OCTO Technical advisors cover responsibilities that include customer-facing activities, setting technical leadership /technical strategies, and driving incubation and proof of concepts (POCs) of EM-specific innovations.
At EMDT-OCTO we bring focus to our function under our own mission: “Our innovations bring the value of Microsoft advanced technologies closer to the masses and organizations in emerging markets”
As a technical advisor with EMDT OCTO, you will work closely with the leadership team in supporting the sales strategy and execution plan across emerging markets. OCTO technical insights span all of Microsoft’s products/tools as well as Microsoft’s leading competition offerings.
Key technical qualifications required for the position are:
• Proficient in all relevant tools and products offered by Microsoft and familiar with open-sourced and competitors’ tools and products. While effectively interfacing with MS engineering teams, the OCTO technical advisor should possess sufficient understanding to demonstrate our tools and services to address potential customers’ business problems.
• Knowledgeable about the foundational concepts artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vison, natural language processing, and cloud technology. The OCTO technical advisor should have the necessary knowledge to effectively engage with MSR researchers and customers about the strength and weakness of competing technologies and open source tools to make an optimal trade-off for the emerging market scenarios.
• Ability to quickly develop critical understanding of different domains (Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Education….) and analyze business scenarios in context of the emerging market. Potential customers will be in different market segments and in different countries, therefore the challenges faced by each customer are distinct. The OCTO technical advisor should have skills to efficiently acquire the crucial domain knowledge, including full technical, cultural and business aspects, to propose appropriate solutions that are tailed to the customers in their unique business scenario.
Key Personal Qualification:
• Diplomacy: the technical advisor need to demonstrate skills in effectively represent complex technical topics (e.g. Blockchain, AI, Game Theory) to EMDT teams and Customers. Good command of multiple languages and embracing diversity across cultures are essential
• Hands on: she/he should have sufficient track record of hands on software development in relevant domains of technologies (cloud infra/services, Database / data mining, artificial intelligence .. etc.).
• Depth: the candidate needs to own/represent specific technology domain (e.g. machine learning, cryptography, natural language processing) at deepest levels. A valid experience supported by relevant education are required (advance degrees are valued)
• Business acumen: a good understanding of business processes and challenges in one or more of target industries and/or an MBA degree can be a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.