This exciting position offers significant enterprise-wide exposure and tremendous opportunities to become an expert in a key function as well as in emerging payment technologies such as EMV and tokenization.
The Senior Analyst will monitor authorization performance, enhance authorization services, work with cross-functional business partners to implement enterprise level new initiatives, and continuously improve processes and key performance metrics. The role is also responsible for enhancing customer experience related to point of sale transactions. The Senior Associate is expected to become the subject matter expert on authorizations. The role requires strong SAS/SQL programming skills, strong analytical skills, broad knowledge of risk management, and effective communication skills. Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, ability to learn quickly, ability to think strategically and attention to detail are essential to the success of this role.
* Closely monitor authorization performance and identify opportunities to enhance authorization services
* Identify new data elements to improve approval rate, enhance customer experience and control fraud
* Work closely with business partners to ensure authorization rules and strategies are implemented accurately and completed on time
* Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on enterprise-wide new initiatives as emerging payment technologies
* Provide expertise in the areas of Authorizations to support corporate initiatives that are related to authorization
* Ensure the authorization systems and processes are operating efficiently and accurately. Perform complex business and statistical analyses to support effective decision-making and identify opportunities to optimize existing procedures and follow through with implementation
* 2+ years industry experience
* Work experience in data mining tools such as SAS, SQL
* Experience working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
* Experience with project management
* Proficiency in SAS/SQL and MS Office
* Ability to deliver quality analysis in a timely manner
* Ability to work under own initiative, set priorities and deliver quality results on time
* Effective organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with business partners
* Ability to formulate business issues into analytical problems and derive actionable solutions
* Ability to quickly learn new payment technologies and leverage new data into authorization rules
* Graduate degree in quantitative disciplines (mathematics, statistics, finance, econometrics, etc.) is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.