Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Senior Associate, Analytics Job Description
Discover is seeking candidates for a Senior Associate role within the Customer Service Experience (CSE) group, which is the planning and analysis support team that evaluates and recommends operational improvements to customer service functions. Candidates should have several years of practical work experience; a masters degree in a quantitative discipline; background in process improvement (Lean/Six Sigma); and strong skills in data analysis (using SAS and SQL).
The overall functions of this role involve using analytical and Lean Six Sigma tools to drive process improvements and support overall strategy for our customer service organization that receives over 30 million calls each year. Develop innovative ways to use information and segmentation to optimize customer experience while managing costs and driving revenue. Partner with process owners across the organization to work on a wide variety of initiatives, including IT, Marketing and other groups.
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.Process Improvement and Optimization
Analysis and Strategy
- Identify new opportunities that drive significant improvement to CSE performance (customer experience, efficiency and/or revenue)
- Leverage analytics and process improvement methodologies (i.e. Discover LEAN) to provide a data-driven approach to improvements
- Present opportunities to field and headquarters leadership (Director/VP and above).
- Provide fact-based, compelling recommendations to drive consensus and strategic alignment.
- Develop comprehensive Cost Benefit Analysis (CBAs) to capture financial impacts of initiatives
- Identify new ways to leverage data and information to drive insights and better understand customer and employee experiences.
- Act as a data expert for CSE to provide quick and efficient understanding of data availability, limitations and effectiveness
- Help to drive overall organizational awareness and capabilities related to data resources.
- Leverage a variety of modeling strategies and simulation tools to understand and predict customer behavior.
- Develop overall strategies that optimize efficiency, revenue and customer experience metrics
- Work with business partners to define and refine new business operational metrics (e.g. First Call Resolution)
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership (Director/VP and above) to drive strategy
Skills To qualify, you must have the following:
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering (or a quantitative discipline). MBA would be a plus.
- 2+ years, minimum, analytics experience of any of these types: data, statistical and/or business.
- Process improvement (Lean Six Sigma ideal)
- Independent research and development skills
- Fully functional in MS Office suite
- Superior communication , interpersonal and organizational skills
- 3-5 years SQL experience/relational database
- Experience working with SAS applications
- Working knowledge of the credit card industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.