Merck & Co., Inc., known as Merck in the US and Canada and MSD across the rest of the world, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position will support the leadership team of External Manufacturing Operations, including efforts related to scheduling, expense management, project oversight and other key activities; Must have the ability to work autonomously and support multiple leaders simultaneously who will have busy calendars as well as international travel. Must be able to work well with teams and be an effective communicator. In addition to the typical Administrative Associate skills (Outlook, SAP and other Merck systems), the person must have great attention to detail and be a high-performer.
- General Secretarial/Clerical duties
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
- Work priorities and activities are reviewed with little supervision.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Schedules complex, multi-leg and international travel
- Prepare expense reports, purchase orders and payment requests in COMET - ensuring compliance to Merck guidelines
- Supports the use of Team Sites
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- May coordinate special projects within the division/area.
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Advanced education or certifications such as (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification)
- Minimum of eight (8) years Administrative Assistant experience
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Demonstrated experience with processing of Visas/Passports.
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of high performance
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
- Minimum of three (3) years Executive Administrative experience supporting executives (Associate Director, Director, Executive Director, VP or above)
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement