1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of the blockchain or how this storm of new payment platforms can fit together lately? Then we want you! As a Senior Associate focusing on Consumer Bank – New Customer Growth products, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to hack the conversion funnel, fundamentally shift our mindset on how customers enter the franchise, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of Identity, Tokenization, and Enrollment, setting its strategy and driving towards improvements to your KPIs
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with technologists and data scientists in building cutting edge solutions to speed up decisioning to real-time with advanced modeling techniques. How will you keep the bad guys out while creating frictionless experiences for valued customers?
- Innovating relentlessly. You’ll push big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new. What is the right combination of off-the-shelf and homegrown technologies to protect our customers?
- Sharing openly. You’ll empathize and tell stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem, and holding on the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop
- Wrangler. You’ve gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- 1+ years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.