Job DescriptionThis individual will provide modeling and analytical support for the CCAR Forecasting team. The CCAR Forecasting team is a centralized PPNR modeling team located within Finance. The required skills include model design, model development, model validation, model updates, and model performance evaluations. He or she will utilize internal and external data as well as evaluate industry, economics, and market information to deliver model related analytics and results. He or she will act as a control point for planning, implementing and interpreting modeling results. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the relationship with related business partners and ensures that modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Responsible for model design, development, model implementation, model usage, and model governance requirements
- Performs in-depth modeling audits, including process evaluations of modeling related activities such as data quality, model performance tracking, and model governance policy
- Leverages industry, economic, and market information to perform model development and other model related activities
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- MS in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, and other quantitative fields with 0-2 years of applicable industrial modeling experience OR Ph.D. in these fields with applicable modeling experience.
- One year or more financial industry experience
- Strong computer skills and experience with statistical software/analytical tools including SAS, eView, MS Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with current regulatory requirements and model governance policy is desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.