SR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST, PROTEIN LAB
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 6931170216-en-us
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Lab, to be located in La Jolla, CA
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Lab will be a member of the Neuroscience Biomarkers team, and will be responsible for:
· Executing on assays and with supervisor, plan experiments.
· Maintaining equipment and ensure laboratory safety by identifying problems and completing regular evaluations.
· Participating in tracking biological/medical samples.
· Performing immunoassays on different platforms including plate ELISA, Simoa, Meso Scale, Envision and others.
· Determining lab supply ordering needs.
· Representing the lab on safety committees.
· Maintaining excellent notebooks and recorded data.
· Keeping all laboratory and business-related training up to date.
· Developing biochemical biomarkers for disease diagnosis and stratification, measurement of target engagement, disease progression and safety in the fields of Mood Disorders and Alzheimer’s Disease.
· Immunoassay development and validation of proteins and peptides in tissue and fluid samples as biomarkers. Specifically, the focus is on protein/peptide enrichment, preparation of immunoreagents for assays, and other immunological techniques, including Western blotting and related.
· Interacting with internal contacts consisting of Neuroscience Mood Disorder and Alzheimer's Disease Discovery Scientists, Discovery Sciences, Experimental Medicine, purchasing, contracting, and commercial contacts.
· Interacting with external contacts consisting of Non-competitive alliance partners, CROs with specialized instrument capabilities and CRO partners for assay execution.
· A minimum of a BA/BS combined with 9 years’ experience in a Biological/Chemical discipline is required.
· A MA/MS with 6 years of experience in a Biological/Chemistry discipline is preferred, but not required.
· The successful candidate should have experience using antibody techniques for measuring and studying proteins in biological samples.
· Experience using computer based data acquisition and analysis is preferred.
· The ability to learn new instrumentation for assay development is required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
· The position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require < 10% travel.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)