Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Performance Software Engineers are highly skilled engineers who debug, measure, analyze, and improve our Workday software. They are generalists with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet, who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. Application Performance is achieved by working closely with all our engineering teams throughout the release cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance that yields an excellent end user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs.
Position can be located in San Francisco or Pleasanton
• 6+ years of experience
• Ability to distill volumes of data, analyze performance results, and diagnose performance problems
• Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
• Performance test planning, setup, and execution
• Test scripting and test data management
• Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
• Application and architecture code profiling
• Infrastructure and application performance tuning
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborative team player
Knowledge or Experience with the following a plus:
• Unix or Linux experience
• OO design and Java development experience
• Eclipse, Junit, ANT, svn
• SQL and MySQL skills or equivalent experience
• Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
• Experience with SOAPUI, Jmeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools vmstat/top
• Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.