Sr Audit Manager, Financial Services
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
An Audit Senior Manager on the Financial Services Audit team will be responsible for the coordination and execution of audits related to home mortgage loans, home equity loans and auto finance operations as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas. Each audit assignment encourages the candidate to apply business, technical and industry knowledge to assess business risk, identify and design risk based tests of key controls, and lead the engagement team in performance of the audit. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team. The candidate should be able to work independently, with minimal guidance from Audit management, while exercising judgment in risk based assessments. Career development and growth opportunities exist through our established training programs within the Corporate Audit Services team. The candidate will be expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Additionally, the individual will play a key role in team and departmental operations and initiatives, which may include but not be limited to:
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in auditing, at least 6 years of experience in accounting, at least 6 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 6 years of experience in compliance or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
-At least 3 years of people management experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Finance, Master’s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 4+ years of experience in a bank or 4+ years of experience in a financial services firm
- 3+ years of experience in the mortgage lending business, 3+ years of experience in consumer automobile finance business or a combination
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position