Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
• Perform as project lead in audit planning, execution and reporting for audits located across Baxter globally
• Take a risk-based approach to plan audits across a variety of processes including IT, HR, Supply Chain, Procure to Pay, Manufacturing, Distributor, Commercial, Privacy, Data Protection and other key areas of the business
• Lead audit field work by assessing the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of compliance, financial, IT, fraud and operational controls
• Assist with departmental projects, including updates to audit process and procedures, administrating/training internal and external users with the audit reporting tool
• Use data analytics during planning, execution and reporting to optimize coverage and effectiveness
• Understand how IT general controls (ITGC), application controls, and technology risks affect the control environment, and business process risks
• Understand and validate business processes and systems across functions and business segments
• Identify opportunities for cost recoveries and improvements to governance, processes or controls
• Recommend industry leading best practices in areas of audit; direct/develop other members of the audit team, including guest auditors from business teams
• Develop and maintain relationships with Baxter management to ensure familiarity/ with corporate priorities and alignment with the audit plan
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
• 4+ years progressive internal audit experience at a publicly traded company that includes experience in a risk-based audit environment
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects/priorities
• Strong understanding of internal controls and business processes across functions, including manufacturing, information systems, finance, accounting, commercial, human resources and others
• Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, information systems, economics, finance, accounting or related degree is required
• Sr. Audit Consultants are expected to travel 10-35%, domestically and internationally
• Opportunity to work between headquarters in Deerfield and our satellite office in Chicago as business needs allow
• ERP implementation or audit experience is preferred
• IT Security experience in the space of Cybersecurity, Data Privacy laws (HiPAA, DPA, EUDD, SafeHarbor/Privacy Shield)
• Internal audit experience in a professional services firm or publicly traded company is preferred
• Appropriate audit certifications
• No IT SOX experience is necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.