Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
This experienced building automation engineering/installation position is responsible for the implementation of quality building automation control practices while providing engineering/technical oversight for construction site projects for a retrofit/energy performance contracting team. Specific responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to work as described below. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Implement hardware and software designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards and contract requirements during installation of project
- Oversight of electrical installation subcontractor for compliance to design and implementation
- Lead efforts in validation, commissioning and project implementation of BAS control system with Schneider Electric Products or others (@ Site)
- Test/Validate hardware/software for correct operation
- Test and ensure quality installation of graphical interface for client
- Ensure quality installation set forth by standards developed by design team
- Material handling and management of BAS related controls
- Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
- Create project documentation and participate in customer interaction
- Provide input to other engineers during initial and subsequent phases of work.
- Assist with the estimates and design of hardware/software adds, change-orders, and problem solutions
- Lead efforts as the technical resource for building automation system with Construction team
- Provide status and progress reports to project team and management
- Ensure conformance to industry design standards
- Provide technical training and support both internally and externally
- Identify and develop necessary technical documentation to assist in streamlining the supervision and installation of Building Automation Systems for customers
- Stay abreast of new development/releases of technology and apply to projects and processes as necessary
- Assist clients and team members with any BAS operations, software, networking problems
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Prepare letters, memos, and other routine correspondence and documentation in accordance with established company procedures
- Ability to be both an individual contributor as well as a mentor of entry level employees
- Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document
- Other duties may be assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection. EDUCATION:
• Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
• Other Professional certifications (LEED, CEA, etc.) a plus EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of three years related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
• Working knowledge of Schneider Electric BAS platforms ( Vista , Continuum, I/Net, and/or Invensys) high preferred.
• Working experience with other building automation vendors (Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Alerton, Automated Logic, ec.) highly preferred.
• IT knowledge also highly preferred. SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
• Good understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems
• Organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
• Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project
• Advanced understanding of Schneider Electric products and outside vendor hardware
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, UL, etc
• Knowledge of electrical safety standards and practices PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the primary duties of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a ladder, tools, laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and construction site environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, roof tops, attics, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job will require approximately 85-95% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations for weekly visits during construction or design phases of work.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.