Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Performs maintenance, inspection, and repair of Waste Management Aviation Department aircraft as directed. Applies their experience, knowledge, and special skills to troubleshoot, inspect, test, and repair the fleet of Waste Management Aviation Department aircraft. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Works within Waste Management Aviation Department to maintain a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair of Waste Management Aviation Department operated aircraft.
- Completes accurate documentation of all completed maintenance using manual and computer records entries.
- Performs preflight and post flight inspections.
- Maintains ground support equipment including specialized tools, tugs, jacks, test gauges, etc.
- Maintains technical manuals.
- Performs/coordinates aircraft maintenance away from home base as required,
- Performs fueling and ground handling of aircraft at home base.
- Coordinates with appropriate vendors for spare parts orders and technical assistance during nighttime and weekend shifts.
- Assist with overseeing outside vendor support i.e. aircraft cleaners, contract maintenance, hangar maintenance contractors.
- Travel with aircraft periodically on overseas missions.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and ten years of turbine powered aircraft maintenance experience.
- Preferred: Experience with Dassault Falcon Jets.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- FAA Certified Airframe & Powerplant license
- Valid automobile driver's license
- Valid passport or able to obtain and maintain a valid passport
- Able to pass Homeland Security background check
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc. most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more 75 pounds;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."