This individual will be responsible for creating solution blueprints, high-level design and implementation strategies, logical and physical data models for end-to-end business intelligence and data warehousing solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in collaboration with BI delivery team leaders, business analysts and business leaders to understand business requirements and end user’s needs.
- Translate business requirements and end user’s needs into architecture blueprints that deliver cost effective & high performing, high quality BI solutions in compliance with Charter standards, policies and long-term technical strategies.
- Design, develop, manage and update logical and physical data models ) for the BI data marts.
- Work with IT partners to review the upstream data warehouse data models and assess/mitigate the impact on BI side.
- Communicate database designs to business and technical audiences, including business users, program sponsors, database administrators, ETL developers and BI developers
- Work with DBAs to migrate schema changes between development, QA and production environments.
- Provide architectural expertise, thought leadership, direction, and assistance across entire BI organization.
- Present proposed solution blueprints to the Architecture Review Board. Communicates solution blueprints to other project team members, business users and program sponsors.
- Participate in Architecture Review Board meetings. Review solutions presented by other BI architects and provide constructive feedback.
- Assist Project Managers and BI delivery team leaders in estimating effort and resources for new projects and enhancement requests.
- Engage with IT teams such as Data Management, DBAs, Security, Storage and Networking when their involvement is required to meet the project needs;
- Participate in capacity planning for all layers in the BI technology stack.
- Help solve complex production issues spanning multiple tiers in the BI/DW technology stack.
- Stay current in new BI /DW technologies, evaluate them and make adoption recommendations.
- Participate in developing and documenting technical standards and best practices for the BI organization.
- Total 8+ years of experience in IT with 5+ years of full life cycle experience as an architect in large-scale, complex BI/DW environments, with numerous data sources, diverse BI applications, tens of terabytes of data and thousands of users.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Erwin Data Modeler, ER/Studio or similar data modeling tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in ELT/SQL Development on Teradata or similar MPP database platform.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL platforms such as Informatica, Ab-initio or Data Stage.
- 3+ years of experience in BI reporting/OLAP platforms such as MicroStrategy(preferred), Cognos, Business Objects.
- Expertise in all areas of data warehousing (architecture, data sourcing/acquisition, integration, transformation, presentation)
- Experience in logical and physical database design for data warehousing (3NF/Star Schemas) including SQL writing/tuning on MPP platforms such as Teradata and/or Netezza.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp business requirements and translate them into optimized solution blueprints.
- Strong problem solving, collaboration and communication skills Passion for leveraging data to improve business outcomes
- Certification on Teradata and/or MicroStrategy is a plus.
- Familiarity with predictive modeling tools like SAS and/or R.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark is a plus but not required.
- Experience in cable or another telecommunications service provider is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Master’s degree preferred
Travel - 10%.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.