Business Strategy & Analytics, Global SMB Sales & Support Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing. The Global SMB Sales & Support (GS3) team empowers advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing (SEM) on the Microsoft Bing platform. We are seeking a top-performing Strategy & Analytics PM to develop key strategic initiatives through rigorous analytics, incubating and building tools that enable the GS3 organization to increase productivity and understand the business drivers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Understand Search business, sales and service processes and work flows to create growth hacking incubation frameworks and solutions that bridge tool gaps
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with Sales, Engineering, Finance, Marketing and Business Teams, Operations Teams and Support Partner with development resources to create scalable data solutions, and help drive automation opportunities
- Determine the prioritization and workflows of business performance issues, analytic initiatives, and reporting requests globally.
- Accountable for overall accuracy, data quality timeliness, and SLA-adherence of business results and business analytics.
- Translate overall MSFT, Microsoft Advertising and GS3 strategic initiatives into actionable plans.
- Communicate and evangelize methodologies and findings of business analyses to multiple levels of leadership across partner teams and incorporate them into our reporting and tools Provide analytic rigor to key strategic initiatives - out of the box thinking around hypotheses, follow-through on collaborating with key partner teams, in validating and testing these, and perseverance in execution.
- Develop and strengthen forecasting models for sales and business performance. Inform analytic strategies that promote acquisition, growth and retention of SMB customers at key milestones in the customer life cycle.
Key Competencies & Experiences:
- Strong decision-making & critical thinking ability; able to develop unique methods of analysis where traditional methods do not yield results.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/programs of various complexity and scale.
- Deep project and program management experience.
- Ability to identify required resources and gather requirements, drive a sense of common purpose and shared goals/vision, and deliver results as an outcome of ongoing or time-bound work.
- Ability to deliver analytic rigor relative to the realities of the data; strategic ability to think and execute globally.
- Ability to proactively identify areas in the organization that require strengthening (i.e. models, processes and tools).
- Demonstrated experience developing analytic approaches to complex business problems
- Ability to distill complex data/analyses into understandable information, guidance and actions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modeling and forecasting techniques used to perform scenario analysis.
- Versatile communicator, interacting on various professional audience levels to deliver written/oral communications across organizations in a professional and confidential manner.
- Organizational agility.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly-matrixed work environment.
- Experience working with key partners to define and prioritize business requirements.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills both internally and across borders.
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field, such as engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, research or business is required
- MBA preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in business analysis or analytics role, preferably in an online advertising or technology environment
- Strong Excel spreadsheet competency required including PowerPivot and skilled in other MS desktop apps, including Word, PowerPoint, Project and strong competency in data visualization and tools like power BI.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.