Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America. QuoteCenter is an application Home Depot store associates use to build a wide range of orders from large, complex orders to small drop-in orders for products across The Home Depot's supply chain.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our team uses the latest technologies to build new products that facilitate 10-figure sales volumes at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
We are searching for a Senior Business Analyst who is passionate about translating business and technical requirements into solutions. The goal of your efforts in this role is to leverage data to create merchandising programs that streamline the sales process for our associates.
We prefer candidates with prior business analysis experience in a retail environment. We are seeking those candidates who have a knack for linking numbers to business opportunities, and who can effectively communicate to and influence stakeholders. Minimum high school education, degree in business or similar field required; MBA or other advanced credential a major plus, but not required. Experience in Tableau (or other analytical software), SQL, project management a strong plus. We will accept more work experience in place of a degree.
- Recent experience in a Business or Data Analyst role is required.
- Ability to collaborate with management, product strategy and product development teams on vision, strategy and program design.
- Work with stakeholders, users and subject matter experts to gain a functional understanding of the application, document business knowledge, collect and prioritize requirements.
- Determine operational objectives by gathering information from subject matter experts in the following areas: product development, product strategy, operations, field and store associates.
- Become the expert on current and new product categories and deliver recommendations, strategies and processes for new programs.
- Optimize current programs based on industry trends and management objectives.
- Ability to mentor team members and take project leadership as needed.
- Data-driven approach to prioritization and manage product roadmaps in an Agile SDLC.
- Ability to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables and to develop project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% Lead all phases of a project's life cycle including defining the business need, establishing criteria and business requirements, understanding the impact to the business and designing and rolling out the project
25% Serve as a subject matter expert and perform research and/or analysis within assigned projects or category of business
25% Establish and report on metrics of assigned projects or categories to gauge business value
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Manager/Sr. Manager
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience developing complex technology solutions and performing analysis on feature requirements against system capabilities.
- Experience communicating and delivering content to external parties.
- Ability to recognize and proactively manage the appropriate content and interactions for dealing with third parties.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- History of documenting expectations in clear and presentable format.
- Experience with various applications and tools, including JIRA, Visio, MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases and various analytics tools.
- Clear and articulate communication style to partner collaboratively across multiple departments with a consultative approach to assess and solve business problems for internal and external customers. You must build cross-department relationships to further business requirement definition.
- Must be successful in a team environment and drive collaborative work initiatives.
- Able to be successful in a more ambiguous role with targets and goals that change frequently.
- Retail industry experience preferred, not required.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data through BI solutions (Tableau) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work and lead cross functional teams, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
Analytical; Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and modeling
Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to lead multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to interact at Officer level; ability to negotiate and persuade
Proven success in increasing management roles handling multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis.
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!